Sunday, May 31, 2009

Garden Gift Bag


Today's project was made for Stampin Out Alzheimer's My Timeless Template (include clear element) and Stamp Simply's Spring Has Sprung Challenges. I had the pleasure of trying one of Lauren Meader's templates. I used the free Stocking Stuffer from Papertrey Ink. Instead of making a stocking I turned mine into a garden boot. I used Memory Box's DP for the boot. Then I simply traced around the stocking toe and bottom on white paper. I used my Fiskars trimmer and made a cut across the bottom and then from the toe made a straight vertical cut to meet the horizontal cut. This way I did not have to piece the toe and sole of the boot. The flowers were made from DCWV's textured card stock using the Large Daisey Sizzix Die. Clear buttons were sewn to the flower centers with embroidery floss. I usually use glue dots but didn't want the adhesive to show. The leaves were made with Family Treasure's punch. For those who are not familiar with this template there is a box behind the boot and another boot on the back. I thought this would make a great gift bag for a gardener with some seed packets or other small treasure. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is filled with joy!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I love your garden boot!! What an awesome idea and the colors are fabulous!

Judy Rozema said...

Marlene, that is so adorable!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... look at you go! This is so cool!!