Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary Honey!

I made this card for the Crafty Secret's Challenge on Paper Craft Planet. After it was done I thought who could I give this to?? Then the lights went on - it would make the perfect anniversary card for my husband. When we got married my hubby was getting ready to enter seminary and the proud owner of a Schwin bicycle - yet to be paid off. I was working as a nurse and paying off my "Vette" well that is Chevette. You know the kind of car where you need to get a running start to get up a hill. Early 80's version of the Smart Car.

Twenty-four years later things have changed somewhat. The bike is paid off and we now have a mini van that fits our family of seven - dad, mom, four kids, and grandma.

This is one of those cards where the stamp and papers do all the work! No coloring needed. The image was stamped on vanilla with Graphite Black and mounted with foam tape. All papers were distressed with Antique Linen. Background DP was sewn to card. Well that's it - thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Crafty Secrets -Coffee and Tea Paper: Crafty Secrets - Earthy Pad, BASICGREY - Urban Prairie, SU! BlACK Ink: Graphite Black, Antique Linen Distress Other: Hemp, Sewing


6 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

I love it Marlene! Thanks for sharing your story! I wrote more on PCP, but I think it's GREAT b&w--makes a big impact, and you're right--no coloring necessary! I like it that way--not too good with watercoloring yet--got to practice more! Great job, and I'm enjoying your blog!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

You did an awesome job on this card! There may not be a lot of coloring or embellishments but it certainly tells a story and that is "huge" in my mind! Awesome!!

Amber said...

Very unique, I like it!

Martha said...

so cute!

LeAnne said...

Marlene, you are too funny! I LOVE this---great use of combining stuff--and great story. A LOVE story!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Your story adds to the wonderful vintage card! I'm glad that you didn't mind the Schwin!
Cynthia (SCS- Stampinak)