Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saw The Smoke...

My neighbor is a retired firefighter and yesterday was his birthday. I made this card for him. This type of card could be used to honor a firefighter or for a birthday with a note like this - "I saw the smoke and almost called the fire dept. but then I realized it was your birthday!" I didn't have the heart to do the latter! I used K& Company's Firefighter Scrap Kit. Along with paper from Cosmo Cricket's Little Boy Collection. I wrapped the card with black twine and then mounted my image on foam tape. The edges were sanded and inked with Antique Linen and True Thyme. This card is also for Sharon Johnson's ssnotime87 "For the Guy's Challenge" where you had to add string, cord, rope, or knots. I love doing these challenges because it forces my hand in directions I might not go. Yesterday was the color combo and today the wrapped string. I always have admired the string wrapped cards but never made one so here it is! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Awesome card---love the image and the background! You shoulda put that sentiment in....he would have laughed!
LeAnne

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I agree with LeAnne ... I think the sentiment is Cute!! This is adorable Marlene and I LOVE the dimension you've added! Great job!

Wendy said...

I love the fire truck! Great card! It's great seeing more masculine projects. :)

sarahw said...

What a great card! It truly looks wonderful. :) I like the sentiment as well.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great card! and I think that sentiment is too sweet!

Jennifer Talley said...

This is really cute! I am sure your neighbor loved it.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a wonderful card for a firefighter or anyone! Love the fun sentiment you suggested. Your neighbor will love it!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Great card. Your neighbor was lucky to receive it!