Thursday, May 28, 2009

So Cute

I made this for Grandma to give to her dear friend's daughter who is going to be having a baby girl. I used the Midnight Madness Sketch, SCS WT220, and Stampin Out Alzheimers' Button Button Who's Got the Button Challenges as a base to create this card. If you haven't had the chance to check out Stampin Out Alzheimers it's not to late to join in on the fun just click on the icon in the sidebar. This is a cause that is dear to my heart because as some of you know our Grandma who has come to live with us has dementia. Image is from Crafty Secrets Joys of Life Booklet and DP is Graphic45's Baby and Bride Collection. I created my own custom Nestie shape for my image by cutting a rectangle and then piecing it together. I cut a card stock square to mount my pieces on to get a tight fit- then mounted my image on my new Nestie shape. I used Blush Blossom and distressed DP paper with Antique Linen. I mounted the image with a double layer of foam tape to add some gradual layers in my card because of the bulkiness of the bow. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hello there...I clicked to enlarge your card and the bow button is just fabulous...the whole card is just so precious :) thank you for playing Midnight Madness with us..your cards add so much to your collection. Good luck on the drawing and stay tuned for all the fun coming up. See you next week :)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

That is SO cute, I love it and I really looked at the bottom button and WOW, how did you thread that ribbon in there? What a treat that card will be for the recipient. Thank you for submitting a card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I hope I can look forward to seeing your work again.

Jane, MMDT member

Carolyn said...

We were both on the same wave length with this challenge. You've won me over. Thanks for playing with us!

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! Its so adorable! I just love the vintage look to it, the sweet image,paper, buttons, and bows. So, so, cute!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

This is one of the SWEETEST cards I've seen this week! Thank you for playing with us at Midnight Madness. :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is soooooo sweet! Love how you combined challenges and came up with a true winner! I'm not always successful when I try combining!!! Love the paper, soft ribbon, image and of course all the buttons! Awesome!!

susanwilliamsrn said...

aww...sweet card! i love it

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is just precious! What a fabulous card..I am sure they will love it.

Kim Nath said...

I love soft pink and this card is so cute! the image and papers are so pretty together.