Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome

Hello! For the first time I am entering the world of blogging! This will mainly be a journal of my creative journey. I am grateful to Darlene and Sharon for their encouragement and help in this endeavor. Today's post contains a card I made for Sharon Johnson's ssnotime86 challenge and Crafty Secrets Inspirational Challenge CSSC67. This flower was made from Crafty Secrets Radiant Paper using an oval punch. The petals were mounted on a piece of chipboard which was adhered to a pin back. The size of this blossom is 2 7/8" . I used my silent setter to place holes in the front panel to thread the pin back through. I made a double fold at the top of the card so the card would lay flat. Stamp sets used are Vintage Christmas and Bouquet of Joy from Crafty Secrets. The black velvet paper is old stash from Embossing Arts. Thanks for coming and taking a look!

9 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WELCOME to BLOGLAND!!

WOW ... I just love what you've done here ... very creative!! Can't wait to see what else you have to share with us.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Huge Congrats! on this fun, new venture. I know you'll love it!!! LOVE your card - great first post. WELCOME and have fun in Blogland!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Well done, Marlene! Love the name for your blog! I've started one, too, finally, but haven't done much with it ye--not sure if I'm scared of it, intimidated, or what! But, you've inspired me...maybe I'll give it more of a go! Love all your work! Keep providing us with such wonderful inspiration!

Judi M said...

Congrats on the great start you've made on your blog. I'll agree with Julie -- great name for it.

Mounting this flower on a pin back was a neat idea. It does double-duty that way. The geometric design worked well on the petals, too.

Cheryl Walker said...

Welcome to blogging you will have a ton of fun, and meet so many talented and sweet ladies!!!

Love this card, very very pretty!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Spyder said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging

(((Lyn)) Southern England

Stampin'GHmom said...

Congrats on your new blog and welcome to the blogging world! You will become completely addicted! Your card is great. Very unique looking!

Loretta Rodger said...

Big Congrats from Maryland! Love your card. It is so pretty!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you are new to blogging! How fun! And congratulations--you are doing an awesome job so far! This is stunning, can't wait to see MORE from you!
LeAnne