Saturday, May 23, 2009

You're A Doll

This card is going to be for my big sis who called yesterday while she was stuck in traffic. We live about 4 hours away and she just wanted to check and see how I was doing. Recently grandma has come to live with us because she can no longer be on her own. It was one of those calls that came at just the right time. I guess I needed to talk and didn't even realize it! So I wanted to send this and tell her "You're a Doll... " The fun thing is this picture looks just like her when she was younger. The only difference is she would have rather been playing Cowboys and Indians - LOL!

This card was made using the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 2. You have the liberty to alter the sketch as long as it resembles the original. Instead of placing my two horizontal strips under my image, I put them above and below. I used the double sided DP from Crafty Secrets Classic Pad. One side of the paper I used for my horizontal borders and right panel. I used the floral border from the other side and cut around the flowers for my left panel.

Hope you get a chance to take some time and relax this weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Paper: Classic Pad, Little Dolls Images and Journal Notes - Crafty Secrets. Other: Prima Flowers, Half Pearls -K&Co, Fern - Punch Bunch, Rectangle Scallop - Nestabilities.

12 comments:

Sonya said...

This is precious, both your reason for sending the card and the actual card! :) Very pretty! Thx for sharing.

~Sonya
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/
Designer for Midnight Madness

LeAnne said...

Very sweet card! What nice sisters you are to each other!

Carolyn said...

This is a beautiful heirloom-style card. Just perfect. Thank you so much for playing with us. I hope you will continue to play.

Carolyn,MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Twila said...

What a sweet card. I'm sure your sister will love it.

Sue McMahon said...

Such a sweet card! Beautiful!

Sue
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
Midnight Madness Design Team

Judy Rozema said...

How very sweet!

Priscilla said...

lovin everything..dolls, vintage, crafty secrets, funny story and of course your beautiful card....thank you so much for playing.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I just LOVE this image and how you have used it!! Your Sis will LOVE it!! Another awesome creation ... keep 'em coming!! Hope you are having a great weekend my friend!!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Gorgeous image! Love the card!

Becky said...

This is beautiful.

Michelle - transprntbutterfly on SCS said...

Love this card and the vintage look!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Adorably sweet! Hope to see more of your MMSC cards ~Jeni