Friday, June 19, 2009

Love You Dad


Today's card is for my DH for Father's Day. I used the card sketch from Midnight Madness Challenge. This is also for Crafty Secret's Challenge to design a card that reflects something about yourself. Well here it is - I love my family and enjoy seeing them spend time with their Dad. Not all families have this privilege and I treasure it! The other extra blessing is when I'm not watching them play I get some stamping time!! I tend to multitask as you can see a card with more than one purpose. I love earth tones, vintage, Crafty Secrets, Graphic 45, ribbon, and embellishments! Well there it is in a nutshell! Oh - I almost forgot along with the image, the sentiment on the inside comes from Crafty Secrets Childhood Image and Journal Notes and it reads " A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." Did I ever tell you how rich my husband is?? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!

Paper: Botanicabella Collection - Graphic45, Childhood Images and Journal Notes -Crafty Secrets, Black - Su! Accessories: K & Co metal letters, Ribbon, Cuttlebug Corner


11 comments:

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

This is just precious! You've made the most beautiful Father's Day card! Thank you for playing along with us at MMSC. :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Super Duper creation Marlene!! I can feel your love just ooozing out of this card! DH is going to adore it!! So special!!! God Love Ya!!!

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

What a wonderful card!

Carolyn said...

Sheer perfection! Please play again! Thank you.

Carolyn, MMDT member
Great Blog Candy Giveaway Throughout June!
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Gloria Dojlido said...

Just wodnerful! Love this card!

Peggy said...

Absolutely lovely card!!

Priscilla said...

Well, you have a BIG BIG fan here :) I love your card.. Sweet story too. Thank you so much for playing..I will try to get to the crafty Secrets this weekend...ahhhh so much to do..so little time :)

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

A wonderful tribute to your husband! It's a fabulous card and touching sentiment. Have a great day with your family.

Amy Johnson said...

What a precious card. And your story behind it really touched my heart. Thanks for sharing. I love the card too! Love how you used the letter brads to spell out Dad. Its very masculine looking.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

What a precious crafty secrets card! I love their items as well. Vintage is just such a huge hit for me and Priscilla :) Thanks for playing this week, hope you'll play again and good luck on the prize drawing xox ~Jeni, MMDT Member

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

this is gorgeous!!! I love that image and your design with the brads!! I treasure spending time with the family too!!