Sunday, June 21, 2009

Reservations Please!

I thought this would be a fun wedding shower card for my nephew's bride to be. They are getting married in July. The Stamp Simply Recipe Challenge spurred me on in this direction. When I read about this challenge this image immediately came to mind! I knew I wanted to make some type of pocket card and when I saw okimom2girlz card I thought this would be the perfect fit! I am either going to give her a gift card to their favorite restaurant or include a list of all their favorite take out places and phone numbers with some cash. The recipe for the reservation is part of a journal note adhered to card stock which is attached to the inside front of this cris cros pocket card so something can be placed in the pocket. This also helps provide a colored background since Memory Box card stock has color on one side. Another idea I have is to make it into a refrigerator magnet card!
I made my own heart by covering white chipboard with red sticky tape and ran it through my Big Shot then applied Martha Stewart Snow Glitter and some Ultrafine Prisma Gold Glitter. DP is from Crafty Secrets Classic Pad. Image is from their Homemade Images and Journal Notes. I used my Bow Maker and Silk Ribbon from Stamp Simply to make the bow. Sharon also sells some Crafty Secrets products.Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Monday!

Paper: Classic Pad, Homemade Images and Journal Notes - Crafty Secrets, Bluebell - Memory Box, Accessories: Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Ribbon, Natural Jute, Twine, Primas, Snow Glitter, Ultrafine Gold Glitter, Chipboard, Red Sticky Tape

9 comments:

my5bratz said...

love the colours on this, looks fab :0)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is fantastic my friend!!! I clicked for a closer view and was thrilled to see all the extra details. LOVE the sparkly heart and your button flowers are perfect! GREAT job!!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous! I just love it! Love the colors/papers, the image, ....everything! Its just so cute!

Kim Nath said...

What a wonderful gift, they are going to love it! Your bow totally rocks and I love the vintage look.

Gloria said...

Just stunning!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

fabulous card and gift. Great paper!

Sue said...

Hi Marlene! I've been a little slow getting started with the Shabby Chicks, but I'm finally getting around to visiting everyone's blogs. Yours has some very fun stuff on it! This project is fabulous! I love the colors and dp, and the vintage image is great! I love things like this! I'll add you to my subscriptions so I don't go so long between things... Ta!

Anonymous said...

The bride to be will absolutely love it!!! I hope she opens it when I'm around so I can see it in person!
Lot's of nice detail and special touches.
- the mother of the groom.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This caught my eye at SCS and I absolutely LOVE it -- and what a GREAT gift idea and way to use the Journaling part of those sheets -- FAB project!!!