Monday, July 6, 2009

Garden Gate

When Grandma received an Easter bouquet in this cute container, immed-
iately the "Go Green " lights went on. After the flowers had dropped their last petals, I asked and Grandma graciously bestowed her Garden Gate container to me. She is very sweet that way!

Well, this week at Cornish Heritage Farms they are hosting a paper piecing challenge for their summer contest. And I thought Kim Hughes Bloomin' Beautiful would fit the bill for converting my container to a Bloomin' Beautiful Container! I used the blossom, leaves, stem, and tendril from this set to paper piece my vine. I stamped the images using Versamark and Wild Wasabi on DP from K & Co. The flowers are from six different purple designer papers from the Lilac Lavender Pad. It is hard to see the pattern on the lighter pieces in this photo. I used paper from the Hannah Scrap Pad for the greenery and I stamped the images on the front and back to get different perspetives. After I cut out my images I sponged any white edges with either Lavender Lace or Wild Wasabi. I used paper Glaze to adhere my pieces to the container. Buttons were added for the flower centers. This was a fun project! This could be the new home for...? Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!!

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Totally cute and sweet. Love the cottage/country feel to this flower ridden white gate.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Of course I LOVE your choice of flower color and the way you've really given this an English garden feel! Awesome job!

Kim Nath said...

This is super awesome! I WANT one of those containers!!! You did a fantastic job on the flowers, great project.

Peggy said...

Absolutely Beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous on the gate!

Sue said...

Beautiful! I want one...