Sunday, August 23, 2009

Clean My Kitchen

Since I received my Girlfriend's Images and Journal Notes from Crafty Secrets, I have been wanting to make a project with this image! The sentiment reads "Make yourself at home - clean- my kitchen"! Well the time has come - on Splitcoastampers the Crafty Secrets challenge is to use yellow. Let me tell you this is definitely out of my comfort zone!! I am more of an earth tone and pastel kind of gal. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the bright and bold but I don't naturally gravitate to it when I create. It's one of those thing you admire that other people do - you know like figure skating! I used Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 15 and then through in some polka dots for Sharon's No Time To Stamp Challenge 101. Oh and the ribbon qualifies this card for Paper Craft Planets Crafty Secrets Challenge. I think that is enough challenges for one day! Paper is from K & Company's Cut'N Paste Designer Pad. I am on the east coast and the rains have stopped. It is overcast but I was able to get outside and take a picture. It rained so hard yesterday roads were flooded and my daughter couldn't get to work! The waters have receded and I am thankful! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to make yourself at home and clean my kitchen - LOL!!

10 comments:

Phyllis said...

What pretty colors you have used and your lady is beautifully done. Lovely card. The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks you for playing in our weekly challenge.

Phyllis MMDesign Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fab image and I love the sentiment!! Gorgeous colors. Awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

How fun! I love these vintage images. Perfect colors too!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Pretty card and I just love her expression ! Thanks for sharing your talent this week and I hope you'll play again. Please do stop by my page as you are eligible to win the MMSC Candy Prize for playing our sketch this month. xox~Jeni & MMSC DT

Sunshine said...

Terrific card! Love the vintage image and the modern sentiment! Great chuckle with that!! Good luck with this weeks contest! Hugz, Sunshine of Sunshine's Stamps:)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Great job of combining all those challenges into one AWESOME creation!! You did VERY WELL with working outside your comfort zone ... way to go girl!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun image and card! I have yet to do either of these challenges yet. I don't mind the color yellow, I just think it never photographs well. Love the prima with the button. Great job with both challenges.

Curt in Carmel said...

OMGosh this card made me laugh right out loud! What a great card! LOVE that saying, and that image is awesome! So fun! Best, Curt

Julie said...

I love this card, Marlene! The colors are great & the image is wonderful, of course! Beautiful job!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh gosh, I LOVE that sentiment -- cracked me up!!! LOL!!! Fun card!!!