Saturday, August 1, 2009

Grin and Bear It!

Sorry it's has been a while since I posted. We were out of town for my nephew's wedding. It was such a joy to be a part of this special day and to see family and friends. I even had a chance to go to my favorite stamp store in Pittsburgh, Stamp Fanci. This was a real treat because there is no LSS where I Live.
I recently received Kim Hughes' Bear Hugs from Cornish Heritage Farms. I used this set to create a Stair Step card for week four of CHF's Summer Challenge which was to Make a Scene. The paper is from BASICGREY and I colored the images with Copics. The snowbanks were created using torn white card stock with fine Prisma Glitter glued to the torn edges. I thought this would be a fun card to send someone on a cold winter day with some cocoa. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are staying cool!

9 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

SO CUTE!!! I've never made this type of card ... I really must give it a try!!
Glad you had a good time in PA ... sorry I could link up with you .. that would have been great fun ... I promise we WILL get together, one way or another! In the meantime, just Grin & Bear It, LOL!!!
Happy Weekend my friend!!

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

This style of card and the image works perfectly together! The sentiment best describes how I tolerate the winter! TFS! :o) Tracy

Peggy said...

Lovely card!! And I echo Tracy's comment about the sentiment!

Amy Johnson said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I love these images and how you did the snow! What great images to use for this type of card! So clever and creative!

Kim Nath said...

So super cute! I love the sentiment and the bear is adorable.

Kim Nath said...

I just noticed that you went to Stamp Fanci. I often stop there on my way home from work (work in downtown pittsburgh) sorry I missed you!

Sue said...

Don't you just love Kim Hughes' images? This card is so cute...

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

What a great card! Super cute bear and great scene. Love it!

Gloria said...

How cute is this?? Great job!