Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday


Sharon Johnson at No Time To Stamp is celebrating her 100th challenge. And what better way to celebrate then by making a birthday project! I made a birthday card by using an image from Crafty Secrets Summertime Images & Journal Notes. I used the Midnight Madness Sketch 14 and the Color Throwdown 55 color combo. My small buttons in the corner were brown so I anchored them down on some Score Tape so they wouldn't slip around and colored them with my black Copic. After they dried I used glue dots to adhere them. I trimmed off the bottom of a Wright's lace trim for my bottom border and adhered it to a piece of scored black card stock which I mounted to my card using foam tape. I love using Sharon's jute string for my button embellishments. She also has Crafty Secrets products in her shop. I bought my DP at Big Lots and it is called Kraft White Lattice but the company is not listed. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is filled with happiness!

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great job on combining challenges! Your card is so beautiful. I love the way you used the pretty ribbon on the bottom border. Gives it such a classy look. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

dpkennedy said...

This is a beauty! Love the lace and button! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Those roses are beautiful, and the lace and button give such a nice simple, vintage feel to the card! Beautiful design! Thanks for joining in the Throwdown AND the Stamp Simply challenge!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Beautiful with a capital B! Lovely lace that is perfect with the image. Great tip on button coloring...never knew this. Have a great week.

Priscilla said...

I really like your take on the sketch this week. I too, love doing vintage prints. Well done with the sketch this week :)
Thank you so much for joining us this week and we look forward to many more entries from you and be sure to stop back by my blog for the New Blog Candy give a way exclusive to people with blogs.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

ps. please delete my first comment.

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

Beautiful card ! The vintage roses the lacy trim the buttons and layout work perfectly together ! LOVE IT! :o) Tracy

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

What a beautiful vintage print! I wish my roses were this full in my garden! Gorgeous! Great take on our sketch this week!

Not sure if you knew or not, but if you have my McMahon Five Designs store logo on your sidebar and your name is drawn for the Bonus Prize this week you get even MORE freebies! :)

We sure do hope to see you again next week!

Have a great day!
Sue
MMDT Member

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just gorgeous -- I love it!

Sylvia said...

Very nice card! Thanks for playing.

LeAnne said...

OMW, I forgot to comment on this yesterday and just had to come back---this is stunning! I love these roses, and the way you incorporated them into the CTD is fabulous!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW >>> WEE!!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL Marlene and I'm so glad it got the exposure it did!! Great job of combining challenges ... I'm VERY IMPRESSED!!

Gloria said...

Soo beautiful. Has a real Victorian feel to it to me! Love it.