Thursday, August 20, 2009

Never Too Long


I made this card for this week's Card Positioning Sketches Challenge 129. This was my first time to participate in this challenge. I decided to keep my design clean and simple. The sentiment reads "The road to a friend's house is never long." I used my tracing wheel to make the borders on my horizontal panel. I inked it in Jumbo Java to add some depth. I had to reapply ink and retrace the border because of it's length. I used my Copic Multiliner to add faux stitching to my buttons. Foam tape was used to adhere the tree tops. Papers were distressed with Vintage Photo. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy a friend today!

Stamps: World Tree - Memory Box, Sentiment - A Muse
Ink: Jumbo Java, Pumpkin Spice, Red Brick - Versa Magic, Olive Pastel - Color Box Chalk, Vintage Photo - Ranger,
Paper: Mellow - Basic Grey
Accessories: Tracing Wheel, Buttons, Foam Tape, Corner Rounder, Copic Multiliner

5 comments:

Dana said...

What a wonderful card for your first CPS challenge! Love the colors and the autumn feel to it :-)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love your trees and the fall color combo.

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

Sometimes "less is more"! Great colours and you know that I'm a big fan of "faux stitching" ! I never thought about doing it on buttons though! TFS ;o) Tracy

ctprezzia said...

I love the colors, stitching, trees,...actually, everything about this card! Wonderful use of this weeks sketch!

Gloria said...

Super cool card!