Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Victorian Spring


We have had some changes at our house over the last few months that needed a little extra TLC. So I took some time off from blogging but am now trying to make an entry at least once a week. As some of you know my husband's mother moved in with us a year ago. She has dementia and we continue to see digression. We have four children and I recently have had to start home schooling our youngest. As you can imagine I can't get Grandma out as much as she would like - every day : ) So some folks at church are starting to help us by taking her out or inviting her for a visit. The reason I 'm sharing this? I needed to make some thank you cards!

I used a couple of challenges this week for inspiration in making this card -SCS Crafty Secrets, CPS Card Sketch, and Stampin' Sisters in Christ. This image reminded me of the coming of Spring as these sweet children take in the changes around them. I intended to use some lighter colors but am also committed to using what I had thus the earth tones. Maybe a better title would have been a Dark Spring Day? Mental note: Need to build up my blue DP collection. Oh well, thanks for stopping by and I hope Spring doesn't arrive one day late for you!

Stamps: Glamor Girls - Crafty Secrets
Paper: Ancestry- K & CO
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Sepia
Accessories: Childhood Images and Journal Notes- Crafty Secrets, Ribbon, Embroidery Floss, Button, Flower- Prima, Scalloped Tag - Sizzix

7 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Love how vintagey it looks. Thanks for playing with us at SSCC:)

Vicki C said...

Love what your doing with the CS stuff! and your blog design .... SO pretty!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Its so good to see you blogging again Marlene! Love the card! The image is so sweet! Such a nice thank you card. Sorry about all the changes you have to adjust to in the family. I know its hard.

Pamela said...

LOVE this!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

Valonda L. said...

Very, very nice card! Wonderful image, perfectly executed!

Randi said...

Beautiful card, I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW I'm so late in visiting your blog and commenting ... my bad! (sorry)
You may have been MIA from blogland but your creations haven't faltered one tiny bit ... each one as I scroll through is wonderfully creative!! Sure have missed you!!