Saturday, February 27, 2010

With Sympathy


Late Thursday night I read Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge was to make a sympathy card. I thought to myself what a great idea because it's the kind of thing you need to have quickly and you usually have little or no notice. Then Friday our high school senior came home from school and asked if I could make a sympathy card. She wanted to take it to school Monday so she and her classmates could sign it for a teacher whose father passed away. I tried to create something that would like it came from the students and not one of their mothers! I used Laura's Sketch 46 from 2 Sketches 4 You for the basis of my card. The main image is from Magenta and the small butterfly and sentiment are from retired SU! sets - More Great Greetings and Beautiful Butterflies. I believe there are no small coincidences is this world and for that I am thankful! I hope you are able to take a few moments this weekend to enjoy those people in your life who you treasure. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

wow!! This is so gorgeous!! LOOOOOOOOOVE the black and white!!!

Kay said...

This is so elegant and classy. The embossing adds the perfect texture. Thank you for joining us at 2S4Y!
♥♥ Kay

Kathy Martin said...

What a sweet card! Great embosing and black and white! :)

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is SO beautiful! There is nothing more classic than black and white and you've put it all together just gorgeously! So glad you played the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Heather P. said...

Oh WOW, this is gorgeous!

Thank you so much for playing along with us @ 2S4Y. :)

Jillian said...

Hello - I linked over here via 2S4Y - what a beautiful, elegant card. Perfect for 'sympathy'. Well done!!

yyam said...

This is so elegant! Great use of black and white combo! :)

Gloria said...

Wow...this is just so elegant. Love the black and white.

Amy Johnson said...

Its always a sad occasion when we have to create a sympathy card. But I love your card. I love the clean layout and design. Love the embossing and the black and white color theme.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Just beautiful Marlene!! You're such a good mom and I'm sure the teacher appreciated your efforts.

Laura Lee said...

The teacher will appreciate this lovely card alot... beautiful in black and white..