Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Can't Believe I...


... just made a Christmas card!! After this long winter the last thing I expected or wanted to do was make a Christmas card but when I received this Crafty Secrets 3D Shadow Box the colors just seemed to say Christmas. So I am now happy to say I have my first Christmas card made for 2010! Nothing fancy just cutting and gluing, some distressing, and a little glitter and Polar White Flower Soft. Just a word of caution, if you do get to try one of these 3D Shadow Boxes, beware they are addictive! Thanks for stopping by and may you have a joy filled Easter!

Paper: Earthy and Classic -Crafty Secrets, Graphic45, Vintage Piano Book, Black - SU!
Images: Christmas Images and Journal Notes, Christmas Memories and Fond Recollections Heartwarming Vintage Stickers -Crafty Secrets
Ink: Antique Linen - Ranger
Other: Clip, Rusty Bells, Photo Hanger, Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Polar White Flower Soft, Ultrafine Gold Prisma Glitter


7 comments:

Vicki C said...

I LOVE seeing what people create with the die.. and this is SO beautiful Marlene! The colors of the patterned papers were perfect for a Christmas project.. and you did an amazing job putting it all together. Images, color, embellishments ..everything. Love it!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Addictive? THAT'S what I'm afraid of -- LOL!!! LOVE it -- totally gorgeous, vintage Christmas!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW look at you go girl! I didn't even get mine done yet!! (my bad!) This is awesome and how clever of you to do Christmas ... beautiful! Happy Easter to you & your family! Hugs all around!!

Betsy said...

Though I am enjoying Spring, I can't help but get excited about Christmas projects with such rich color and abundant vintage images. Your card has both and then some. Can't wait to try something similar...thanks for not letting the warmth of the new season keep you from sharing an out-of-season project!

LeAnne said...

This is sooooo pretty! Love what you did with this. They are fun, aren't they? Like having 3 canvasses to play with!

Kim Nath said...

That is so beautiful, I love the CS shadow boxes!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Fantastic! Gorgeous- whoever gets this card will be so lucky! It looks like a decoration to me. I've been thinking about starting my holiday cards...emphasis on 'thinking' however you are inspiring me!