Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby On the Way


It feels good to be creating again! Lots going on here and since I had no outside commitments I decided to take some time off from blogging. This week's Stamp Simply Challenge is to make a Mother's Day or woman's card for any occasion. We just found out my nephew's wife is expecting their first baby so I thought what better occasion to celebrate! If I was on the ball I would have had it ready for Sunday. I'm sitting here thinking it's hard to believe I am going to be a great aunt! I used Graphic 45's Baby to Bride and a sketch from Inchie Inklings. The Unforgettable Paper worked out great for my squares because it had a small scale print. I didn't have the right shade green to frame my sentiment background so I edged a piece of ivory cardstock with a Copic BG10 and Antique Linen Ink. Not a difficult card but I did make a mental note to purchase a 7/8th inch square punch next time I am shopping! You know I'm all about simplicity these days : ) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have the chance to enjoy the simple things this week!

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love it ... and that DP is perfect!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge!

Holly said...

Oh this is sooo pretty! I love these soft colors and those gorgeous papers!

stampqueen said...

Very pretty card - love the sweet soft colors!!

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful card!!!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

I love those graphic 45 papers! This is a great card- you have so much patience to cut all those squares but your result is fantastic!

Kim Nath said...

How exciting for you, a new baby in the family is always so much fun to look forward to! Your card is so beautiful, I have this paper and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Thanks for the perfect inspiration!

Lisa Strahl said...

Completely perfect! It feels just like a baby quilt and is so comforting. :) Thanks for playing along with us.

Lisa @ Inchie INKlings

Nancy said...

I have a couple of sheets of this paper and love its colors and gentle feel. You used it perfectly in this card. The way you cut the corners on the green frame is wonderful for this design.

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is SWEET! Glad to see you're back blogging again!