Monday, May 24, 2010

Birds of the Air

I made this card for a friend who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She is beginning chemotherapy and I just wanted to let her know she is loved and in my prayers. I used Crafty Secrets Birds and Botanical Images and Journal Notes and vintage sheet music. I mounted the main image using foam tape and added some texture to my cardstock using Papertrey Ink's Woodgrain Impression Plate. My corner embellishments were made with my Cropodile. This layout is based on Card Patterns Sketch 65. Thanks for coming by and taking a look!

6 comments:

JeanFB said...

Oooh, birds and music, two of my faves!! Lovely card :)

Amy Johnson said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Your's is the second blog I read today of someone making a card for a friend with cancer. Its so sad. But I love the card. I love the sentiment with that image. Birds are the true singers. Love the music note background paper, the layer, and the tree bark too. Great job!

whoistracy said...

What a beautiful card. I love the music paper background. So sorry about your friend- I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is such a beautiful card ...but I'm so sorry for it's purpose! Prayers are going up for your friend!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Oh love that music note background so does the image. That woodgrain background looks fabulous too!

Kim said...

I hope your friend gets through it ok, she is lucky to have you in her life. Beautiful card.