Sunday, May 23, 2010

From the Heart

Teachers have a special place in my heart and I like to thank them each year in some way for the role they have played in our children's lives. I remember asking a friend who is a high school teacher what type of gifts she appreciated? She replied, "One of the most meaningful gifts is when I get a note from my student." Our second daughter is graduating from high school this year so I made this card for her history teacher. Mr. Martin has been Caroline's teacher for the last two years and served as her advisor. The students love and respect him. You know he's the kind that Hallmark features in one of their movies. I need not say anymore!

Now for the card details. I used CHF's Timetable Train Set and Graphic45's Commuique and A Proper Gentleman papers. I added some distressing with Antique Linen and borders using my DP and a Martha Stewart punch. This was another quick and simple card based on the Midnight Madness Sketch and Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time this week to stop and remember someone special in your life!

6 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow I really like this card. Your images and simplicity are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness.
Denise
MM DT

peggysue said...

What a wonderful card to depict history and time, great guy card and great use of the sketch and the distressing challenge on Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Thank you for participating this week!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Marlene - your card is perfect for both challenges - I know the teacher will love it! Great images Marlene and you have used perfect touches with it! I love the distressing too - it adds so much - your card has a great feel! Thanks for playing along with us this week and joining in the fun - we have more instore for you next week - would love to see you then! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Priscilla said...

Wonderful paper and cool images. Thank you for being a part of these challenges and for helping celebrate our one year anniversary. This week will be an exciting player participation week, so please check back tomorrow for that. You do not want to miss out on that. As always thanks for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

JeanFB said...

Beautiful card - great combo of stamped images and papers!

Kim said...

It is not only a beautiful card but the meaning and sentiment are so great! I bet he will cherish this card.