Sunday, May 16, 2010

Morning By Morning


Today's card was made using Graphic 45's Botanicabella Papers - paired up with a tag from the collection. I added a touch more red to the flower with a Copic R39 and sanded those little nubbies off the tag. Then distressed my DP with Antique Linen. For a finishing touch added some white brads colored with a Black Copic 100 . (Used a heat gun to speed up the drying process.) This card was inspired by Stampin Sisters in Christ and Stamp Simply Challenges.

As some of you know my husband's mother came to live with us last March because she was unable to live on her own due to dementia. Grandma cannot be left alone and life for our family has changed. What am I learning through all this? First and foremost I do not have the ability to love and despite of my inadequacies God's love for His people is amazing! The other precious truth that rings over and over again in my heart is God's mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness and for this I am very thankful. So despite how I may feel when I go to bed at night when I wake up it is a new day!

Thanks for stopping by and may there be a joy filled song in your heart today!

7 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Marlene, this is absolutely stunning! FABulous take on the sketch!!

Hope all is well with you and yours, although it sounds like your plate is quite full with taking care of your MIL. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend!

~Sending hugs!!

Deb Neerman said...

OOOooooops! Forgot to thank you for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" Sketch Challenge!!

Grace said...

Oh wow... I do love this!!!! Love the dp, the layout... how you deepened the color of the flower... it's gorgeous!!! I know it's so difficult to do what you are doing.... I had my own mother every other year for 25 years. It does take it's toll on you but you are so right... God is faithful and His mercies are new every morning! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sisters in Christ!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Marlene - what a beautiful and lovng DIL you are - your MIL is very blessed - I know your serving heart will be rewarded!! I love you card, all of those layers are so pretty in their own right!! I love Graphic45 and you have used it beautifully! I love that flower - beautiful! We love it that you were able to join us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Randi said...

I hear your heart Marlene. My father has dementia and it is a difficult challenge. I am so encouraged to see that God is giving you grace for this time!! Your card is stunning and I am so glad that you get to steal away a bit of YOU time. Thank you for sharing your art at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week.

peggysue said...

First of all, what a lovely card! Secondly, I have been learning myself that lesson that God's mercies are new every morning. It is not always an easy lesson to learn, but a welcome one. I am so glad you found some time to participate in our challenge this week and hope you enjoyed your crafting time, it is a zone of a little bit of peace in a busy life. Hope to see you next week too!

Kim said...

This is just superb, the papers are beautiful and the way you combined the patterns is wonderful!