Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Teacher Thanks and Prayer Request

Back again with another teacher thank you card. I paired up this sweet image from Crafty Secrets' Childhood images and Journal Notes with some DP from October Afternoon. I withstood the temptation to go with my natural tendency of using some type of black gingham print and went in a different direction with my colors. Needless to say I did not go without distressing my edges and lace with some Antique Linen. You know there are some things a girl just has to do : ) Thank you for stopping by and I would appreciate it if you are lead - to pray for our friends Gabe and Gayle. They just had their fourth child on Monday and their baby is not expected to live much longer. They are believers and are trusting in God's love but as you can imagine it is a difficult time. Thanks again for your time and prayers!

8 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

I love this, Marlene! That image is just adorable ... such a wonderful vintage-flair!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Gone Askew" challenge!

Sending hugs!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just soooooo adorable! Made me smile immediately!!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

What a cute image! This sure is the perfect teacher thank you card. It is very pretty!

I hope your friends will do ok, despite the tragedy they are about to experience. I will keep them in my thoughts.

Thank you so much for joining us in our Red Carpet challenge. I hope to see you again next week!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSC GD

Randi said...

This is just cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for sharing your art this week with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges.

peggysue said...

I am sorry to hear about your friends' baby, that is sad. I will be saying a prayer for the family this morning. And that is one sweet card. Thank you for participating this week in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge.

Priscilla said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your friends baby..that is for sure a very sad thing indeed. I will say a little pray for this baby. Your card is adorable..I LOVE that image so much and it is just perfect for a teacher. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. We love having you play with us and if you have not done so already, please vote for your favorite artist for our year end Red Carpet celebrations. We have so many wonderful things planned for our 2nd year of challenges and we hope you’ll be on our next journey of creative activities :)
Off to enjoy my holiday weekend :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess.

Denise @ kc242 said...

What an adorable image. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Carol said...

Your card is just so sweet and adorable. I really love those cute little flower buttons. So sorry to hear about your friends baby...will keep them in our prayers. Great job on the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team