Friday, June 4, 2010

Graduate



Our second daughter is graduating from high school on June 14th. There is a whole group of kids who hang out together guys and girls so I thought this might make a great card for one of the guys. I was happy because I thought this is definitely one that could be reproduced! I think I may need to practice with this fine line sentiment because it was giving me a little bit of a fit : ) Ever have a stamp like that? If I can't master it I may go to a computer generated sentiment. I used the Inchie Inklings Sketch #7 for my layout. Sentiment and numbers are from My Sentiments Exactly. The graduation cap die is from QuicKutz. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Donna said...

What a great card. I love the use of 2010 on the inchies. Very cool!

Geri said...

Just happened to peek at some of the cards on the last inchie challenge and your card is by far the best! I love clean & simple and using the inchies for the 2010 is just way to clever! Well done!

Nancy said...

What an incredible take on Lisa's sketch! I love the clean, very tailored feel. Think I'll need to tuck this one away.

I'm not sure if your trouble with the fine line was because of inking, but I just read this tip from Tim Holtz and thought I'd pass it on:

oh and here's another tip if you stamp with clear stamps and distress ink: if you ink your stamp with permanent ink first (like archival) and LET IT DRY on the stamp, this primes the polymer and gives you a better stamped image with dye ink since the ink won't bead up anymore on the polymer (plus you can see what your stamping).

Benzi said...

Great card for a masculine graduate. Like the inchies used for the year. Thanks for joining the StampinB's this week.

Eveline said...

I love the clean lines of this card.
Eveline.

Lisa Strahl said...

An absolutely FABULOUS design! So clever!!!

Lisa @ Inchie INKlings