Thursday, June 3, 2010

Note of Thanks

Yes, I am still working on teacher thank you cards! Unlike some parts of the U.S., when snow comes our way things pretty much shut down. The last official day of school around here is June 21st. On another note, I have finally come to the conclusion sewing on a card is not difficult as long as your machine is handy and threaded with the right color thread : ) I used an image from Crafty Secrets Childhood Images and Journal Notes paired up with DP from October Afternoon. I distressed the my papers and cotton embellishments with Antique Linen. Due to the various layers I mounted my image with foam tape. The cursive strips were added to the DP base for a little extra zip. This card is based on this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and SCS Crafty Secrets Challenge. Thanks for stopping by and I hope a bright ray of sunshine comes your way!

Paper: Fly A Kite 12x12, Report Card 8x8 - October Afternoon; Kraft -PTI
Image: Childhood Images and Journal Notes - Crafty Secrets/Stamp Simply
Ink: Antique Linen
Other: Twill and Jute String - Stamp Simply, Flower - Imagenisce, Button, Foam Tape, Sewing Machine

6 comments:

tbk100601 said...

What an ADORABLE card!! I would love to be the teacher that gets this one!! Love the flower and DP. You did a fantastic job on this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Thank you for playing along with us.

Brenda

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what a wonderful teacher's card! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

pam124 said...

Marlene, this is so well done and a perfect teacher card. I LOVE the cute image, the letters for the ABC's and your cute crochet flower/button treatment! What a wonderful job you've done with the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. I hope you can join us again next week!

Carol said...

Marlene this is just darling. I remember having to write in cursive on this paper in school...lol So I guess I would call your card nostalgic not vintage as to give my age away...lol This is so cute and so sweet of you that I as a teacher would use it to scrapbook my classes picture!!! Beautiful work my dear. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just tooooooooooo cute! Your creativity has certainly grown and each creation is more beautiful then the last! Awesome job!

Primitive Paper said...

This takes me back decades to school. Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining us this week. Tracy, MMDT