Monday, May 9, 2011

Mrs. Spitzer's Garden

It's that time of year again! The school year is coming to an end and I have been working on teacher appreciation gifts for our son's school. The theme of teacher's lunch this year is based on the sweet children's book "Mrs. Spitzer's Garden". It is a story about a principal who passes out a package of seeds to each of the teachers at the beginning of the school year and the book chronicles the journey of these little seeds as they are planted. For example, some plants grow to be bold and showy while others are quiet and the color of the earth. The ladies are going to put a small bag of compost from the school's recycling program and place a packet of seeds in each of the boxes. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and reads - to hold dear, CHERISH, treat with affection and tenderness. Thanks for stopping by and may you have a moment today that you will always cherish!

Challenges: SSCC 88
Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Natural - SU!; DP - My Mind's Eye; Grey Natural
Ink: Early Espresso - SU!
Accessories: Walk in My Garden - Cricut; Scallop Punch -SU!; Flower- Tim Holtz; Daisy, Grass, and Treat Box 2 - Sizzix, Leave - Family Treasure, Brad


3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love this idea. I wish I had seen it last week. What a wonderful project. I bet the teachers were ecstatic!

Amy Johnson said...

It's so good to hear from you again Marlene and see you posting again! Your project is so amazing and adorable. I LOVE everything about it. Your story sounds wonderful too!

MariLynn said...

This is adorable. What a great teacher gift. I love those flowers. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.