Monday, May 2, 2011

Wonder Journal



I have taken some time off from blogging because it was what was needed and now it seems like it is a good time to return. I have been creating but not posting. There were sets of cards for Christmas gifts, baskets of cards for fundraisers, and projects for our son's school. The latest being 50 petal cones filled with candies for the children to deliver to neighboring homes of the school for May Day.
I made this journal for our oldest daughter who just graduated in December and is teaching fourth grade in an urban school district. She is an Alice in Wonderland fan. Many days are difficult but God always seems to send an encouraging moment her way. So I made this journal for her to record those moments and on the days when she starts to "wonder"why she is doing what she does she can be reminded why this is her chosen profession. I sent her a link to this project and said "Did you read your email?" She hadn't and she proceeded to check her email and when she read it she cried and said"Thanks Mommy!" Now to me that is what this stamping is all about! All designer paper, images, stickers and stamps are from Crafty Secrets. I used a hitch fastener from Tim Holtz for the doorknob.
Thanks for stopping by may you be encouraged and an encouragement to those around you!
Challenges: CPS 216

3 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Your journal is adorable Marlene! I forget how much I love that diamond paper from our Earthy Pad and now that it's sold out I think we need to put it all on a CD.

Thanks for making so nmany great projects with our stuff. I love all the school cards you made for your daughter as well.

Vicki C said...

YAY! Blogging again! Oh..you journal is so fun! Love it!
ps... and so glad you are blogging again! :)

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !