Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Be Still

Sometimes in life we just can't make sense of why things happen the way they do. When those times occur in my life this verse gives my heart great comfort because it reminds me first of my need to be still and secondly that My Heavenly Father is on His throne and that He is perfect in all of His ways. It causes my heart to be grateful despite my circumstances. There is a great devotional on Thankfulness at Stampin' Sister's in Christ if this topic is of interest to you. Thanks for stopping by and may you find time to stop and be still.

Challenges: SSCC 115, MMSC 130
Stamps: DeNami - verse, Fred B. Mulliet
Paper: Naturals , Crumb Cake SU!
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Crumb Cake SU!
Accessories: Embossing Folder SU!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous CAS card.Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Debbie said...

This is a beautiful card! The clean and simple style makes the verse the focus. It's wonderful!!

Jan Marie said...

What a beautiful card. .love the neutral tones and the ivory. . .and how you've layered the scripture with the wheat image! Beautiful work!

America said...

So elegant and gorgeous. A Lovely take on the MMSC sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog. Good luck on the draw! Sure hope to see you playing again next week! :)

Amy Johnson said...

So good to hear from you again!

I love your card. It's one of my favorite verses too. And I love the simplicity of the white with the grain in the background. It really is perfect to use the CAS design with that verse. It quiets you. I just love it!

Miesje said...

Such a wonderful clean and simple and elegant look. Love it!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Oops by accident I deleted Traci M's comment and I do appreciate people stopping by and I wasn't sure what to do??? So I copied it from my email - thank's Traci!

This is beautiful...love the color combination and the dramatic yet understated design!! And of course, your verse is well-chosen for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!!

Victoria said...

I love the subtle background. It's such a beautiful card.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hello! What a wonderful card! Great design. Thanks for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Denise
CCC-DT

Vicki C said...

Really Beautiful Card Marlene!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Hello my friend! This card is FABULOUS and I see YOU ARE A WINNER AT MMSC!! YIPPEE!!

I've been trying to email you and I keep getting back a mail daemon!? Don't know why. Tried replying to your comment on my blog with the same response!

Anyway, hope to talk to you soon! Have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!