Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crafty Secrets - O Christmas Tree

Just to let you know they are having a sale over at Crafty Secrets and you can read about it here. I used an image and chipboard from the Christmas Vintage Postcard Kit for my card today.

I then added a few extras - Flower Soft for the tree and its snow, mica flakes for the snow on the ground, Gelly Roll pens for the red and white berries and then a few tiny baby pine cones for the background trees. I edged the image with PTI's Fresh Snow Ink and it was mounted on papers from Memory Box's Dewfrost Collection. Next I added some silk ribbon, lace, and buttons and my project was completed. I am glad to say I now have one more Christmas card finished for this year! Thanks for stopping by and I hope at the end of your day you can feel the satisfaction of completing at least one thing that was on your list of things to do!

Challenges: SSCC117, MMSC132

5 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Marlene, your card looks really beautiful with all the details you added - and those tiny little pine cones are just adorable!

Thanks for posting
Sandy

Donna Moore said...

Oh Marlene, I love all the detail you have added to this beautiful image, it makes it come to life! You used items I don't even know about, off to do some googling! :) Thank you for sharing and playing along in this weeks challenge at Midnight Madness, hope to see again very soon!
hugs
donna
priscillastyles/DT

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is so adorable Marlene!! Love all the little details to make it even more special!! Don't you just love those CS images!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness. I just LOVE your interpretation of the sketch! Hope to see you again next week!

Darlene
MMSC DT
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Gloria Sauve said...

I just love your card! The vintage look is sweet and charming and just seems to say "Christmas." Beautiful work. So glad you took the MMSC challenge.
Gloria
MMSC Design Team

JeanFB said...

This is gorgeous! I love the addition of the flower soft, it's so clever and adds so much. Wish I could see it IRL - :).