Monday, November 28, 2011

A Gift for You


I'm back again with another Christmas project. I used Basic Grey's Wassail to cover the front of a plain white gift bag and added some velvet ribbon and lace.


Last year I read a tutorial by Debbie Olson on how to make a poinsettia using Tim Holtz's Tattered Flowers die. Since then I have always wanted to give this a try this so this project gave me the perfect opportunity. The flower was stamped using Our Daily Bread Design's Joy to The World Hymn with PTI's Fresh Snow Ink and the edges were inked with Photo Vintage. The center was made with two Cuttlebug die glittered snowflakes. A simple project to dress up a plain gift bag. Don't you just love simple? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a joy filled day!

Challenges: ODBDSLC86, SNTODBD48

5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW what a clever idea and it looks AWESOME!!! I have that Tim Holtz die ... do you have a link to Debbie's instructions or can you share the way you did this? The flower is gorgeous!!
Hope you are well ... chit chat soon!! Hugs!

Amy Johnson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper and your perfect handmade flower.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant and beautiful Marlene!! I just love your combo of patterns, the lace and your flower. Stunning . Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

blessings,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

This is really pretty, I love the flowered BG, and your gorgoous poinsettia & Lace...hugs Jan aka heartsong47

Betty Wright said...

Marlene, this is wonderful! Love the poinsettia! Beautifully done! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!