Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hark the Herald

As I have been in the process of making Christmas cards for the special people in our lives I thought to myself "Don't forget Dad and Mom!" Three years ago when we were facing the prospect of having my husband's mom come to live with us I recall sharing with my folks what laid on the horizon before us. I wondered how they would respond? I remember my Mom's response as she first spoke of her concern for our well being as a family with four children and then she said " Your Dad said not to worry that you would do the right thing." Dad and Mom have been nothing but supportive and they have made sacrifices because we live 450 miles from them and cannot freely travel due to our situation. As I write this my eyes are filled with tears and my heart with gratitude for their unconditional love. They have been nothing but angels and so this card is for you Dad and Mom!
I used an image from Crafty Secret's Christmas Images and Journal Notes. Mounted on a banner from Vicki's Etsy Shop. ( I don't see any there now but just contact her if you are interested - she's so sweet to work with! ) I couldn't help but add some mini pearls on top of the banner's polka dots. The flower had a bright green stamen that did not make for such a great match so I added some Gold Prisma Ultrafine Glitter and my dilemma was solved and while I had the glitter out I thought why not added it to the petals too : ) I used pearlized vanilla and brushed gold for my snowflakes and background papers. The silk ribbon is from Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I really enjoy working with it - so soft and pretty! Thanks for taking time to visit and allowing me to share a little bit of creativity from the heart!

Challenges to Corral My Creativity: SSCS118, TSTR91




4 comments:

Becky said...

This is just stunning. Gorgeous lace and flower. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful~ I LOVE the lace and gorgeous image.... great layout too! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous my friend and perfect for those precious parents you have that support you so willingly!
And how extra special it will be for them since you made it yourself with SO MUCH LOVE!!
God Bless you and Happy Holiday! MWAH!!!

purple_pea_fran said...

Just gorgeous! I love the image and soft elements, so lovely :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom