Sunday, December 4, 2011

They Saw a Star

Another Christmas card is completed and I think this will go to my friend who is an avid knitter. She enjoys going to the Sheep and Wool Festival whenever she has the opportunity and even has been known to spin her own yarn from time to time. This friend has been with our family through thick and thin and is a gift from God. It truly brings joy to my heart when I have an opportunity like this to create with a purpose in my heart!
This card is based it on the MFT sketch challenge and uses one of their Pure Innocence Images. The star is from a retired SU! set - Polar Bear. I was excited when I found this DP because it provided a natural divided panel as depicted in the sketch. I felt like the top and bottom panels needed a little something and when I added these Hero Art gems it seemed to be the perfect fit. In person, they are subtle yet eye catching. The top row reminds me of stars and the bottom of snowflakes. Thanks for stopping by and as you have the opportunity to create may you feel joy in your heart!

5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so cute Marlene! LOVE your choice of papers and your coloring is awesome!!
Your friend is going to LOVE this and I'm sure your kindness will touch her heart!
Have a wonderful day my friend and know I think of you often! One of these days WE WILL get together!!
HUGS ...

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful Christmas Card! I love the papers with this image. And I really love the scripture verse. What a great card to give to a knitter too!

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable....love the little image, the star and the sentiment - as well as all those yummy papers!

JeanFB said...

This is so soft and beautiful - those patterned papers are perfect!

JenMarie said...

Oh how I LOVE this!