Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Celebrate Every Day


This is my first attempt at a collage card. Something very different for me but I enjoyed it! I began an online class with Catherine Scanlon and one of the first assignments was to use different types of paper and cut them into shapes. All of my papers and images are from Crafty Secrets. One of the papers had daisies so I thought it would be fun to cut it out and use it for my sun. The twig was painted and then sanded down because when my 8 y.o. son saw it he said " It needs some brown!" He was right : ) I also used some funky green fiber my mom had sent to  add texture and create grass. The sky was water colored. The card size is 8.5 x 6.5 inches.


This for my Mom's birthday and my wish and hope for her is that she would be able to celebrate each and every day because even on those days when it seems so very dark  the Son is still shining!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Marlene -- this is BEAUTIFUL -- I love the color choices -- and the Crafty Secrets elements as well. I know that your Mother will love this!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Marlene, I adore your sweet collage art, the colors and elements you used make it look whimsical and happy! Thanks for playing and posting in our first Linky Party!

Best of luck in the draw and Happy Easter!
Sandy

nahnook17 said...

very pretty collage... love the beautiful lace and the little fence and grasses... well done...

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Hey girlie! This is awesome! I missed out on the party (always a day late and a $ short these days). So nice to see you posting again!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I replied back to you but it didn't go through ... sent me back a mail deamon. Grrrrr. Let's stay in touch! I miss you! Mark is retiring June 1st ... yikes! Life will be different around here! LOL!

Vicki C said...

How totally ARTSY and FUN!