Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafty Secrets New Typography CD


   
 I've always wanted to make a pocket card like this and now  I am wondering why it took me so long???  Anyone else out there like me? Plenty of ideas and not enough hours in the day to execute them all.



This is the tag that is inside the glassine bag. I love what the glassine brings to the card. It provides a softness while  allowing the rich colors of the tag's design to be seen. I'm not sure if these photos or should I say this photographer does it justice!   I thought it would make a great bookmark. Now all I have to do is find a good book to go with it and it will be ready to give to someone special. Between birthdays and Mother's Day coming up I'm sure finding a home
for it will not be a  problem!

The source of inspiration for this card was The Shabby Tea Room April Showers  photo. It is filled with so many beautiful colors!  My image is from Crafty Secrets upcoming Typography CD.  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product - previews look great!  The CD will be available within the next month. They also have a free printable for Mother's Day and tutorial that should be available tomorrow. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and I hope you have an enjoyable day!

Challenges:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: pastels
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: anything goes
Frilly and Funkie Sunday Share: item from The Funkie Junkie

4 comments:

Starr said...

I love your pocket card! The vellum is a great choice letting the pretty tag to show through! Thanks for playing along at TSTR!

Starr

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous my friend! LOVE the design and your choice of image/embellishments is PERFECT! AWESOME CREATION!~!
Hugs to you and I hope all is well. Keep up the very inspirational work ... I really need to get back into some of my Crafty Secrets! HUGS!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

Beautiful card Marlene, so soft and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx