Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rock - A - Bye Baby


My sister's daughter just gave birth to her first baby. She had a baby girl and I am thankful to say all are doing fine. This sweet image is from Graphic 45's Little Darling Collection and it is paired up with some of their retired baby paper. I thought they were a great match. I added some embellishments and did some sewing and I was done. The doily was colored with a Copic marker.

I love this image because it brings back some of my favorite "Mom" memories - time spent rocking and singing together with our children  and then watching them   play with their friends and dolls doing the very same kind of things. It's hard to believe they are at the age where they are starting to rock their own babies! Anyone else out there shaking their heads with me wondering where has all the time gone? 
Thanks for stopping by and may you enjoy a sweet memory today : )

Challenge:
Stampin Sisters in Christ: Build up your card: by adding layers, paper tole, paper piecing, stacking flowers... you name it!! 

10 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, my goodness, Marlene! I LOVE your card. So sweetly nostalgic, with fabulous layering. And yippee, for the idea of coloring those paper doilies with Copics. Why did I not think of that? Perfect. Yummy colors, beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week on Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We really do appreciate your support and participation. Have a wonderful, blessed week.

Amy Johnson said...

This is so soft, sweet and pretty! I love it!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! I am in love with this! Blessings to you niece and her familY!

Vicki C said...

What a sweet sweet card!!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww love that image - your card is gorgeous and perfect for this challenge...thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, I love your sweet baby card. It has such a great vintage feel. Love the little flower and all the stitching!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, Marlene, this is just darling! I have always loved that vintage image and it is so perfect for a new baby card. Congrats to your neice on her newborn. Thanks so much for sharing your creation made with Funkie Junkie items with us at Sunday Share!

Hugs,
Linda

Candace said...

This is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Marlene! I love the colour of the doily. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches July Release Hop!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Your cards are beautiful, this one especially captures my heart. Thanks for visiting my blog today. ~ Abby