Saturday, May 19, 2012

Your Love



I needed an easy to mail encouragement card for some friends who have been dealing with difficult circumstances and in some cases death of a family member. First I stamped the grunge butterfly from Our Daily Bread's God's Love set in Milled Lavender  and the sentiment  from this set in Early Espresso on paper from K&Co's Flora and Fauna Ledger Designer Pad. Then I distressed the edges with Antique Linen and mounted it on cardstock and my card was done.  I go back and forth on whether or not these colors are too dark but some of these cards will be for men. When in doubt don't ask your children because every single one will have a different opinion : ) 

On a more serious note - this quote is such an encouragement to my heart because it sums up the love of Christ in such a beautiful and powerful way. My hope is that it would be an encouragement to your heart too and thanks for taking the time to stop by!!


Challenges:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: any type of animal, bird or bug
Word Art Wednesday: use an encouraging or uplifting sentiment
Simon Says Stamp: clean and simple

7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, Marlene. I so love hearing the stories of how God lays something on your heart, and then leads you to create something to encourage and lift up someone else. I trust that they will really love it, and that it will bless their hearts. You are a blessing to me, and I'm sure to them as well. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. You are a blessing and an encouragement for the Lord Jesus Christ and His love.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Wendy Swenne said...

What a beautiful card. Love the clean look to it. The words just pop out.

Thanks for playing along with WAW.

Wendy

Michele said...

Beautiful and will most certainly be comforting to the recipient. Hugs!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Well, if you are asking my opinion ... I think it is PERFECT and beautiful! Well done my friend! The colors are just fine and the design couldn't be more perfect for the situation! Actually, you've inspired me to use this idea and make a few for myself!
HUGS to you & yours! Hope you're having a glorious weekend! Mark only has 8 more working days left before he is under my feet until death do us part! LOL! (God Love Him ... I'm just so glad he's here to annoy me!) Take care ...

Danielle said...

Very beautiful card! Thank you so much for your sweet comments! XO

Gemiel said...

Love this card!!!! Even though you used a butterfly image, the colors give it such a masculine feel!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

Dawny P said...

What a fabulous CAS card chick - I love it :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week, hugs, Dawny x