Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Envelope Please...

I was recently blessed by some friends with a new laptop and wanted to make them a special thank you. I paired up some fun Crafty Secrets products, MME paper and PTI die to make this card. Lisa's card was a springboard for this creation. Like the lady in this picture the thought of a computer - was on the drawing board but know where in the near future. There is a cute little flying pig with this stamp set that I am going to incorporate in my note. The definition of Imagination is on the Tom Holtz tape.

I had the opportunity to view a great tutorial on PTI's  Make It Monday about packaging cards which inspired the  envelope above using one of their special issued stamps.  The focus was dealing with cards larger then A2 or those with embellishments. This card qualified on both accounts.

I also needed to make a wedding card which is past due. My card was inspired by this card on SCS .

And the envelope please....
 You know it's a good day when I  get to stamp on an envelope and then get it in the mail too - WOW! So needless to say I enjoyed playing dress up with these envelopes. Now grant it I won't be placing these in the mail but I will be able to deliver them with a smile : )
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can find the extraordinary in the ordinary of your day!

5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW a new laptop! Good for you! That's awesome! Something else that is AWESOME are these two creations AND ENVELOPES! WHOA Girl ... you rock! They are both FABULOUS!
Hope you are well my friend and trying to stay warm. It was crazy windy all night here ... not sure what that's an indication of but I'm sure it's not good since the temps are to drop to the teens!
It's always SO NICE to see your name pop up on my email screen! God knows you have a full plate but I'm thrilled to see you taking a little time for yourself!
LOVE YA!
HUGS from OHIO!
Dar

Vicki C said...

Im so excited for you and the new laptop!! Thats awesome! Your cards are so beautiful.. and I LOVE what you did with that envelope! I need to do that more often!! It makes such a statement! Sending Nebraska hugs your way my friend!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

All of your creations are fabulous! Just love the look of the 1st card but they are all amazing! That envelope is gorgeous!

Thank you so much for joining us this month for the Crafty Secrets February Linky Party!

hugs...Melissa

Rea said...

Cute card and it is nice that you are thanking your friends for the new laptop.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is so elegant and pretty. Love the white on white layers... the envelope looks lovely!