Saturday, February 9, 2013

MFT Kid's Valentine Project

Every year is different and this year I was able to make some Valentine gifts for our 9 year old's classmates. I covered 8 x 5 scratch pads from Office Depot with cardstock and decorated them with this fun plane and cloud from MFT. The pilot is the school mascot which is made with a SU! punch.

 When I made my initial draft it looked a little bland and I thought what can I do to liven up the background? Then I remembered this pack of 24 acetate sheets (12 x 12) I purchased at one of those bargain outlets. Now when I bought them did I know what I was going to do with 24? Heaven's no - but I thought I can't pass this up because it was only $2.99 for the whole pack! Well the Lord knew and almost a year later they had found a home and to think I almost gave them away two weeks before when I started to clean out my supplies.

When I showed our son he gave it his stamp of approval and added this sweet little tag note  "Mom it needs a suitcase in the back." In my heart I couldn't agree more but I thought 24 more pieces to stamp and cut out??? 
Well I guess you can see how things turned out! As you can tell I'm not one to think with my head when it comes to things like this but isn't that what Valentine's Day is all about?
Thanks for stopping by and may your heart be touched with love today!

Challenge: Word Art Wednesday
                      Simon Says Stamp Have A Heart

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a super cute little owl and darling card! Thank you so much for taking the time this week to stop by and share your wonderful artwork with us. Life is busy, and having you take time to share with us is SUCH a blessing. Hope you're having a blessed week and that you will stop back by soon to fellowship with us again.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh my gosh ... how cute is this! A lot of work but will be so worth your efforts! ADORABLE my friend! And yes I would have to agree with your son ... it needed that suitcase! The perfect finishing touch!
Hope you're staying warm!
HUGS from OHIO!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

It is a very sweet card and very sweet of your to send hand made Valenitnes to school. It was also very sweet to get your son's opinion.
We know your time is valuable and yet you take time to bless us with this wonderful artwork. Thank you!
Carole
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Cindy said...

He has a good eye for design...the suitcase in the back is the perfect finishing touch! Such sweet Valentine cards to give.:) We're still debating on what the little girls will take to school.

Cindy

Jingle said...

This is totally fun! Love the owl in the airplane! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Marlene, this is delightful! The colors are perfect, and that little owl flying the plane just makes my heart soar. I'm so glad to have found your site. I'm adding you to my reader. You do lovely work!

Joy said...

So fun, love that sweet owl.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Vicki Chrisman said...

Totally CUTE! Love that little owl! Wanted to say HELLO!! Hope all is well with you sweet friend. Sending you a Nebraska hug!