Friday, February 26, 2016

One Amazing Friend


The world of crafters is filled with some of the kindest folks I know. I recently was in need of a birthday card for my son's friend. So I went to one of my tried and true sets Super from Paper Smooches. As I searched for new ideas I came across this wonderful card by Kara! I had some questions for Kara and she was so gracious and helpful. She also gave me her permission to share this CASE of her card with you. The banner was made on the Silhouette. I didn't have a sentiment to fit it. so I took one of my photopolymer stamps and snipped away and was able to come up with the words I needed and then fit it into the shape of the banner. I know you can print and cut with the Silhouette but I am new to this gadget and I was having a hard time getting it to center. I guess that's another good reason for me to sign up for the next Silhouette class at  our local sewing store A Different Touch on March 8th!

I also made some of these into thank you cards! The picture below is what I did for the inside of these cards.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing day!



6 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh yes ... the crafting community is filled with AWESOME people. I too have met some AMAZING people who I now consider some of my most beloved friends (like yourself)!
Your card is ADORABLE ... great job! I like the inside too ... you go girl. I haven't even attempted any of the latest machines (like the silhouette) ... heck I have a sewing machine that hubby bought me 2 years ago that I haven't even plugged in yet ... let alone figure out how to use! LOL
HUGS and HAPPY weekend!

Virginia Lu said...

Absolutely SUPERB! Love your super hero card and the cityscape (from the inside) is awesome, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! I find crafting people are the kindest among all people, too! Hugs!

golightly said...

That super hero just makes me smile! What an awesome card and it is perfect for an amazing friend. Thanks for sharing!

Kara Lynne said...

Marlene, your card is WONDERFUL! That Paper Smooches set tickles me every time I see it! I love how you made the stamped sentiment to fit inside the banner. I've had a Silhouette for years and still haven't attempted the print and cut feature. I'm so glad I met you! I am following your blog so if/when you're back out here, I'll be sure to see it!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute, Marlene. Thanks again for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. I also wanted to let you know that any time you use a digi (ANY digi), you're also welcome to link up here at this fun new challenge blog:
www.cre8tivehandsfriends.blogspot.com

They need to make some new friends, and they would LOVE to have you share your beautiful cad.
Blessings,
Karen

Jo Ann said...

Both cards are awesome. So blessed you joined our previous Challenge and hope you join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement only the Word of God can provide in James 1:12 which tells us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." Have a blessed weekend.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com